Traveller is a mid-calf, double-breasted coat with a moderate oversized silhouette. It features a wide notched collar, dramatic drop shoulders with tabs, standing welt pockets, and a back vent.
This pattern is for personal and non-profit use only. If you are interested in licensing it for commercial use, please contact email@example.com
Due to the nature of digital files, we do not accept returns on our PDF patterns or products.
Coat outer layer: medium to heavyweight coating fabrics such as wool, cashmere, boiled wool, Melton. Traveller would also make a great mid-season coat if made in denim, gaberdine, or heavier weight linen.
Lining: lightweight slippery fabrics such as satin, silk habotai, cupro, and acetate.
Interfacing: You can choose between woven weft, woven light-weight, or knit interfacing for heavyweight wools.
- 2 buttons of 2 cm (3/4”) - for shoulder tabs
- 6 buttons of 2.5 cm (1”) - front
- 1 internal button of 2.5 cm (1”) - it can be the same as the front buttons
- Stay tape - bias and edge tape
- 2 spools of matching tread
- Basting thread - no special thread required
- Tailor’s ham
- Wood clapper
- Point turner
- Hand sewing needle
- Wool off-cut for pressing
- Buttonhole opener
- Light-weight brush to remove chalk marks (optional)
LEVEL & FILES
- Intermediate 4.5/5
- Complete photographed sewing instructions available in PDF
- A0 Copyshop PDF file
- Plotter A0 width PDF file with continuous printing
A4 paper format for Home Printing PDF file
- Letter paper format for Home Printing PDF file
- This is a multi-size sewing pattern set in layers
- Includes seam allowances and marked seam lines
Note: Main coat and lining are in separate files.
SIZE & HEIGHT
6 to 22 UK, 34 to 50 EU, 2 to 18 US
All of our patterns are drafted to fit B cup size.
Available from bust 80 cm to 112 cm - 31 1/2" to 44"
Available from hip 87 cm to 119 cm - 34 1/4" to 46 3/4"
The pattern is offered in two height groups: 160 and 170 cm (5’3” and 5’7”), when buying this pattern you should select the closest height to your body, if you are in the middle choose the tallest. Both patterns have exactly the same width around the body the only difference is in the length.
If you are outside these groups, you may need to alter the pattern length at the lengthen/shorten lines marked on the pattern pieces.
For more info check our Size Cart page.